Famous Cheesy Italian Sausage Meatballs
These Cheesy Italian Sausage Meatballs made with sun dried tomatoes, fresh basil, mozzarella and Pecorino Romano cheese is sure to please the game day snacker in your family.
I love meatballs and mostly use either beef, chicken or turkey; however, I never tried making them with sausage and thought they’d make a tasty snack. Sometimes during a cool Fall or Winter Sunday afternoon, we like to eat small “picky” foods rather than a full meal while either watching a new movie that’s come out or our favorite football team play. This way you get a variety of different flavors.
To make these Cheesy Italian Meatballs you’ll need Italian sausage, shredded mozzarella and grated Pecorino Romano cheeses, sun dried tomatoes, fresh chopped basil, garlic, olive oil, flour and baking powder. I used mild Italian sausage links; then just removed the casing; however, if you can find it differently or would like to use the hot variety, go right ahead!
- 1 lb. Mild or Hot Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
- 1 c. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 c. Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 1/4 c. Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped (not in oil)
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. All Purpose Flour
- 1/8 tsp. Baking Powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F; then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl; then mix well with a spoon.
- Form the mixture into meatballs and place on the baking sheet and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until they're cooked through with no pink insided (I got about 24 meatballs). Serve hot.