Greatest Gluten Free Vegan Brownies
Gluten Free Vegan Brownies (V+GF): a one bowl recipe for the best gluten free vegan brownies made with simple, whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten Free, One Bowl.
The success of this vegan brownie mix lies in a combination of gluten-free oat flour combined with almond butter, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and maple syrup for sweetness, and of course a helping of vegan chocolate chips. These Gluten Free Vegan Brownies are easy to whip up for a lazy night of streaming and couch time.
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted almond butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Whisk until it resembles caramel.
- Add cocoa powder in ¼ cup increments, whisking until shiny and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Whisk in vanilla and salt.
- Add flax eggs in, whisking until well incorporated. In thirds, whisk in the oat flour. As the batter gets harder to whisk, switch to folding with a rubber spatula. Fold until well incorporated and no flour patches remain.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer.
- Bake for 28-32 mins. Mine took about 30 minutes. Cool for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Slice into 16 brownies. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- These brownies freeze well. Wrap in parchment or wax paper. Store in a freezer-friendly airtight container for up to a month. Thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.