Delicious Vegan Gluten Free Brownies and Brownie Mix
Gluten free Vegan brownies and brownie mix. Oats + almonds + smooth chocolate. Add walnuts or other nuts for variation. Easy Soy-free Palm oil free Recipe. Makes a 9 by 9 or 8 by 8 inch brownie pan.
Because brownies. I have a bunch of brownies on the blog and I keep trying to make them easier and fudgier 🙂 We all need some chocolate to start a Monday.
These brownies are super chocolatey and fudgy. I made a brownie mix by blending the dry ingredients. To bake, just mix with the non dairy milk and oil and bake! Perfect for gifting! The brownie mix can be made ahead and stored reducing all the measuring and mixing steps.
- 3/4 cup (90 g) oat flour
- 1/2 cup (56 g) almond flour
- 2 tbsp starch like corn or arrowroot
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) baking powder
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) baking soda
- 1/4 (0.25 tsp) scant tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (150 g) sugar use 2 to 3 tbsp less for less sweet, powdered
- 1/2 cup (87.5 g) vegan semi sweet chocolate or dark chocolate or combination
- 1/3 cup (28.67 g) cocoa
- 2 tbsp flax seed meal
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (122 ml) non dairy milk use 1/4 cup + 3 Tbsp non dairy milk if making with brownie mix
- 3 to 4 tbsp Oil or use applesauce or half oil
- Add in: 1/3 cup vegan semi sweet chocolate chips to add to batter
Make the brownie mix:
- Add the flours through sugar to a blender and blend well. Move the flour around as it can get packed under the blender blade. Add the chocolate, cocoa, flax seed meal and vanilla. Blend again until well combined. Move the flour around again and check under the blender blade. Transfer to a quart mason jar. Add 1/3 cup chocolate chips to the jar and store.
To make the brownie from mix:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 180ºc. Prepare a brownie pan by lining with parchment. Empty the mix jar into a bowl. Add 1/4 cup oil and 1/4 cup + 3 Tbsp non dairy milk and mix until well combined. Drop the thick batter onto the pan. Press using a spatula to even it out to almost fill the pan. Bake for 25 to 27 minutes. Cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
To make the brownie from scratch:
- Heat 1/2 cup non dairy milk until just about boiling. Add flax meal, vanilla and sugar into the non dairy milk. Add the chocolate and oil and let it sit for a minute, Mix until melted and smooth. In another bowl, whisk rest of the dry ingredients. Add the whisked dry to the wet. Mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips into the batter. Drop the thick batter onto the pan. Press using a spatula to even it out to almost fill the pan. Bake for 25 to 27 minutes, or until a toothpick from an inch from edge comes out clean. Cool for atleast 20 minutes before slicing.
- Variation: add chopped walnuts to batter before baking. Do not over bake. The brownies are done when toothpick from 1 inch from the sides comes out clean. The center might be gooey, it will continue to cook and set outside.
Leave a Reply